21 Days To Beat Depression Podcast - Day 12
21 Days To Beat Depression Blog - Day 12
"But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You.” - Psalm 5:11
“No soul that seriously and consistently seeks joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. Those who knock, the door shall be opened.” - C. S. Lewis
Some of us are too busy to ever experience joy while others among us are too bored to ever draw close enough to touch the vitality that joy has eternally delivered.
Which category do you find yourself living in? Those who are bored? Or those who are too busy?
We must take time for joy! Joy is not unattainable nor is it a state of mind only found while visiting the Magic Kingdom. Joy is a daily reality and a constant source of strength for those who live in the Kingdom of God.
Joy always starts with time spent in His presence. What does that mean, you may ask? “Time spent in His presence”?!
I am so glad that you asked ... because I couldn’t wait to tell you!
"Time in His presence” can simply be described as the very best minutes of your day!
- It is the time that you spend in reading the Word of God.
- It is the time that you spend in prayer for others.
- It is the time when you lift your hands in worship.
- It is the time when you find yourself on your face in worship and awe.
- It is the time that you spend hearing the Word of God taught.
- It is the time when you allow the great hymns of the faith to wash over your weary soul.
- It is the time that you spend asking God to forgive you.
- It is the moments of serving God while you are serving others.
- It is being kind knowing that we serve a God Who is Himself kind.
Time spent in His presence are moments when we give more than we can afford to give.
- It is when we partake in communion with the Body of Christ.
- It is that moment when you forgive someone who has hurt you, abused you or ignored you.
You will find yourself in His presence when surrounded by His people.
You will find yourself in His presence when you delight in the glory of creation!
It is when you settle down for the night with a cup of tea and a well-loved devotional book.
It is the instant that your feet hit the cold floor in the morning and you find yourself declaring, “This is the day that the Lord has made! I will rejoice and be glad in it!”
Time spent in His presence is time spent at His feet.
Will you find time for Him today? That is when you will find the joy that you have been sorely lacking!
Joy is the atmosphere of heaven but it is also the reality of His presence on earth.
When you spend time loving Him ... serving Him ... knowing Him ... talking to Him ... you will breathe in the joy that He has breathed out on your life!
- MAKING IT PRACTICAL -
- Take a few minute today to recognize and enjoy the glory of God in creation. You might want to take a walk and thank God for His majesty. Stand by one of your windows and look at the open sky or gaze at the sunset. See His fingerprint in the clouds or His attention to details in a star-lit sky. Look at the faces of those who sit around your dinner table at night and thank God for their freckles, their wrinkles or their idiosyncrasies. Observe the creative genius of God in your pets or in gently falling snow. The glory of God is always revealed through His creation!
- I know you can do it! What 3 things are you thankful for today? Write them in your “Thanksgiving in January and February” journal and share them with others. #beatdepression!
- DECLARATION -
I declare today that I will make time to delight in the joy of Your presence! I declare that I will look for opportunities, large and small, to notice the fingerprint of God upon my day. I will spend time with my Creator and my Savior ... my Father and my Friend!
- PRAYER FOR TODAY -
“Lord Jesus, I truly love You so much today! Father, help me to find time for You every day. I want to spend time with you ... it is one of the greatest priorities of my life. Forgive me for not making time with You a priority. I know that when I spend time with you that I will discover an eternal reservoir of joy! In Jesus Name I pray! Amen!”
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter