21 Days To Beat Depression Podcast - Day 21
21 Days To Beat Depression Blog - Day 21
“Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” - Hebrews 12: 1 & 2
Jesus went through trials and difficult circumstances while He was living on earth as a man. The cross was more than a trial and greater than an inconvenience.
The cross was pain! It was suffering! It was the greatest agony known to all of mankind.
How could Jesus endure the cross and the torment of the physical pain that was thrust upon Him?
He endured the cross, even though He despised the pain, because of the joy that was set in front of Him. What was the joy that Jesus saw when He was on the cross?
What was the extraordinary joy that He kept His focus upon when the pain was nearly too much too bear?
The joy that gave Jesus the strength to carry on was you ... and it was me. We are His joy and He is our joy!
Jesus knew that He had to die so that we could live ... that was pure joy to Him! Jesus knew that He had to be nailed on the cross so that we could be set free from pain, addictions and depression ... that was indescribable joy to Him!
Jesus knew that His Body had to bear the pain of a horrific death so that we could be healed ... and He counted that as pure joy!
Did Jesus like what He had to go through? No ... the Bible tells us that He despised it ... but He did it because He named you “Joy”.
The only reason that we can experience joy during our tenure on earth is simply because we have Him!
- MAKING IT PRACTICAL -
- Today, would you write me an e-mail? Write to me at email@example.com. Let us know how “21 Days to Beat Depression!” has helped you. Also, let us know how we can pray for you!
- Read through your “Thanksgiving in January and February!” journal. Remind yourself about all of the things for which you are thankful. Make one final entry today! Today, list 10 things for which you are grateful. #beatdepression! Mine are -
- All of you who have gone the distance in “21 Days to Beat Depression!”
- The opportunity to serve the Lord at this time in history.
- The Bible!
- Pandora and Spotify where I listen to great worship music!
- Unsweet iced tea with lemon
- A great team of women who work with Just Joy! Ministries.
- Blizzards, hot tea in beautiful mugs and books to read.
- The Holy Spirit!
- The view out my kitchen window.
- That joy has the power to demolish depression in Jesus’ Name!
- DECLARATION -
I declare that the power of depression has been broken in my life! From this day forward I will walk in the joy of His presence and in the power of the Holy Spirit! I will live an abundant life this side of heaven!
- PRAYER FOR TODAY -
“Dear Jesus, I thank You for the Bible. I thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I thank You for sending the Holy Spirit to empower me to live a life of joy and purpose. You are God and I will praise You all of my days! I thank You for Your presence where there is always fullness of joy! Amen.”
WE HAVE AN EXCLUSIVE COUPON FOR YOU!!